Scabal has always been at the forefront of fabrics innovation. Our mill in Huddersfield is at the basis of many important developments. 1938...
Scabal has always been at the forefront of fabrics innovation. Our mill in Huddersfield is at the basis of many important developments.
- 1938 The first to use the bunch in its currently known form
- 1964 A record price has been set for an extraordinary bale of Australian wool. Scabal obtained full ownership and created the most expensive cloth in the world: Ultimus
- 1974 For a long time Super 100’s was regarded as the finest, Scabal invents the Super 120’s to push boundaries in search of finer wool
- 1991 Super 150’s Golden Carat is a new milestone in the fineness of wool, invented by Scabal
- 1994 Scabal produces the lightest cashmere ever made, called “Fascination”
- 1997 Private Line makes it possible to weave a text in a cutlength
- 2000 In 1971 painter Salvador Dali is requested to give his vision on men’s clothing in the year 2000. In that very year, Scabal launches its first Dali fabric collection.
- 2000 Scabal launches Diamond Chip and Gold Treasure fabrics, a most innovative way to interpret the most luxurious fabrics.
- 2004 In the continuous quest for softer and more luxurious fabric, vicuna is combined with Super 200’s to create “The Star”
- 2005 Scabal is the first to launch an online fabrics catalogue with over 5000 fabrics, the possibility to search with 13 characteristics and to let its business customers order and pay online
- 2006 Summit is the pinnacle of fineness, craftsman at our mill call it their lifetime achievement
- 2011 The Vicuna Jacketings range completes the range of vicuna fabrics and is another innovation from the Scabal fabrics department.