Wain Shiell & Son trace their origin to the year 1807. By 1830 a prosperous business was conducted in Warwick street, Golden Square, the centre of woollen merchanting in the West End of nineteenth century London.
From 1851 onwards trade developed under the title Stone and Wain and in 1878 Thomas Wain and Robert Pirie Shiell entered into partnership and founded Wain Shiell & Co. A limited company was formed in 1907 and to this day remains registered in Savile Row, the celebrated home of bespoke tailoring.
Wain Shiell fabrics became synonymous with quintessential British fashion and elegance and the brand soon reached international acclaim. The company, now renowned as one of the most exclusive cloth houses, established itself as a supplier of exquisite fabrics to the great tailors of the world. Subsidiaries and agencies were created in the five continents thereby consolidating Wain Shiell's undisputed prominence as a world leader in fine cloths.
These elements remain integral to Wain Shiell's philosophy today.
>> Read about Adidas and Wainshiell in the News section